February 20th, 2014 First Time Home Buyers
, Home Buying
, Real Estate Tips Comments Off on Five Tips For Finding the Perfect Home
Looking for your very first house can be exciting yet overwhelming. There are a lot of factors to consider before beginning your search.
The following tips on buying your first houseshould make the experience less stressful:
- Location is everything: Look for a home that’s in a good neighborhood with decent property values. You might also want to be near good schools, your workplace and local amenities.
- Know what you want: Write down the features you must have in a home on one list, then make other lists with features you don’t necessarily need and those you don’t want at all.
- Gather information: Search online for information on recent home sales in your area, and look at the listing price for homes that are currently on the market. You’ll get a better idea of how much you’ll be paying that way.
- Get a mortgage preapproval: Have a lender determine roughly how much you can afford to borrow for a mortgage.
- Take notes: Keep track of the homes you see, and note the features each one has for the sake of comparison.
Need more advice on buying your first house? Visit United Real Estate, and stop by our Facebook page.
August 14th, 2013 Foreclosures
, Home Buying Comments Off on Buying a Foreclosure? 5 Questions That’ll Save You Cash
While foreclosure rates have dropped in the past few years, there are still plenty of foreclosed homes around that are for sale. You can save a significant amount of money on a new home bybuying a foreclosure.
When you’re looking into foreclosed homes, ask the following questions. This will help ensure that you get your money’s worth:
- How long has it been empty? You can expect a greater amount of damage if the house has been empty for a long time.
- What condition is the house in? Hire an inspector to give the house a thorough walkthrough, and make note of anything that needs to be repaired or replaced.
- How much will repairs or renovations cost? Factor this cost into your budget when deciding whether or not to buy a foreclosed home.
- What’s the neighborhood like? Avoid buying a home in an area with a high crime rate or several other foreclosed homes, since this affects its property value.
- Has the landscaping affected the house? Dead tree branches, roots and untrimmed shrubs can damage the house and the pavement around it.
Ready to get started on buying a foreclosure? Visit United Real Estate to get started, and check out our Facebook page for more home-buying tips.
July 23rd, 2013 About Us
, Home Buying Comments Off on On the Go? Take Our the United Real Estate App With You
Searching through page after page of property listings online or looking through them in your local paper can be time-consuming. Fortunately, there’s a much more efficient and convenient way to find potential homes.
Real estate search apps make it easy for you to browse through home and condo listings on the go. United Real Estate offers browsing apps for several different devices. You can download and use these apps on your iPad, iPhone, BlackBerryor Android device. These apps also let you keep track of properties that have had a price reduction and those that are having an open house. With these convenient apps, you don’t have to wait until you’re sitting in front of your computer or laptop at home in the evening to search for properties. Search for your next home no matter where you are.
Providing browsing apps is just one of the ways that United Real Estate makes the home-buying process run smoothly. The company has other technological tools, as well as seasoned professionals, available to help you find your next home.
Need more tips on making the most of our real estate search apps? Visit United Real Estate and stop by our Facebook page.