April 22nd, 2014 First Time Home Buyers
, Home Buying
, Homeownership Comments Off on Condo Buying: Investing in a Condo Over a House
When you’re determined to purchase your own home, it doesn’t have to be a single-family house. Condos make great investments and offer several advantages over other types of residences.
These are just some of the benefits you’ll enjoy when buying a condo:
- Access to amenities. You don’t have to pay for separate memberships to a local pool or golf course. Living in a condo means that you’ll be able to use the amenities your condo community offers, such as clubhouses, pools and fitness center.
- Low maintenance. When you live in a condo, you only have to maintain your living space. You’re not responsible for maintaining the building, grounds or common areas.
- Financial incentives. Owning a condo gives you a chance to build equity, and you’ll also be able to use tax deductions on property taxes and mortgage interest payments.
- A sense of community. Living in a building that has a lot of other units occupied by owners, rather than renters, means that you’ll have a good sense of community. Some of these also offer planned community events.
Need additional information on buying a condo? Contact United Real Estate, and follow our Facebook page.
November 25th, 2013 Home Buying
, Real Estate Tips Comments Off on No Yard Maintenance – and Other Reasons to Invest in a Condo
If you like the thought of owning a home but don’t like the thought of doing yard work, a condo could be the perfect solution. Condo ownership is becoming more popular thanks to it’s ease of ownership.
Need a few reasons to invest in a condo instead of a house?
- Low-maintenance: You don’t have to deal with mowing the lawn or raking leaves when you buy a condo, since you only own the interior of it and part of the the building’s common area. You just have to keep the inside in good shape.
- Convenience: Buying a condo in an urban area will put you close to plenty of restaurants and stores. That means you can save money on gas, as well as wear and tear on your car.
- Amenities: Some condos come with impressive amenities, such as fitness centers, business centers and resort-style pools that you wouldn’t have with a house.
Ready to start looking for a condo to call your own? Visit United Real Estate to see what properties are available, and stop by our Facebook page to learn more about us.