September 27th, 2013 First Time Home Buyers
, Real Estate Tips Comments Off on Financial Considerations: Four Things Not to Do After a Loan Preapproval
A loan pre-approval is an important step in the home buying process. It shows how much of a loan you can realistically afford, based on your credit rating, income and expenses.
Keep in mind that there are certain things to do after a loan pre-approval to boost your chances of getting a final approval. These include:
- Don’t apply for new credit: Since your lender will do another credit check before approving your loan, don’t do anything that will negatively affect your credit rating. Applying for new credit means that your score will take a hit.
- Don’t pay off all your debt: You could be using up money that you might need for your new house. Also, closing credit cards can lower your credit score.
- Don’t co-sign loans: These factor into your debt-to-income ratio and affect your credit score. Avoid co-signing any loans, including car and student loans.
- Don’t change jobs: This can cause delays with the lender because they’ll need to verify your employment.
Now that you know a few things to do after a loan pre-approval, are you ready to get started with the home buying process? Visit United Real Estate and our Facebook page to locate an agent.
September 25th, 2013 About Us
, Franchising Comments Off on United Real Estate Locations: We’re Located in Ten Major Cities
Selling real estate can be a great way to make a living, especially if you are part of a large, nationally integrated real estate network that can provide you with the support and connections you need to succeed. United Real Estate agents have the benefit of just such a network.
Based in Kansas City, Missouri since 1925, there are now United Real Estate locations in many large cities across the nation and more are coming soon. Each location, and all the agents that work there, have access to the company’s proven marketing programs and their innovative technology based services.
Most often, real estate can be sold best by people who really know an area and the types of people who live in it. If you live in or close to any of the markets served by United Real Estate, including Philadelphia, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Washington, D.C., Kansas City, MO, Lexington, KY, Louisville, KY, Beverly Hills and Pasadena, you can enjoy the benefits of being part of a nationally recognized real estate company while staying close to home and selling in the area you know best.
For specific information about United Real Estate locations or the benefits enjoyed by their agents, check out the United Real Estate Facebook page.
September 17th, 2013 Green
, Selling Your House Comments Off on Planning on Selling in 2015? Start Investing in Landscaping Now
If your 2015 plans include selling your home, it’s time to start getting it ready. This might seem a bit early, but it’s actually a good time for investing in landscaping.
Having some shade trees, shrubs, bushes and flowers around gives your home’s value a major boost. Since some of these, especially trees, take a long time to fully grow, it’s best to plant them as soon as possible. A landscaper can provide advice on which types of greenery to include. Having impressive landscaping improves your home’s curb appeal and gives it some functional value as well, such as providing more shade.
Investing in landscaping isn’t the only thing you should do to get your house ready to sell. Here are a couple more tips:
- Minor kitchen renovations, such as putting a new finish on your cabinets, increase your home’s value. You’ll also recoup most of the cost.
- Keeping your lawn healthy goes hand in hand with having beautiful landscaping. Mow and water it regularly, and consider laying down new sod or seed if your lawn’s in bad shape.
Need more advice on boosting your home’s resale value? Stop by United Real Estate and visit our Facebook page.
September 13th, 2013 First Time Home Buyers
, Mortgages Comments Off on Buying Your First House? Get an Official Free Credit Report
Having enough money for a down payment set aside is just one of the financial concerns involved in buying your first house. You’ll also need to make sure your credit is in good shape to boost your chances of getting approved for a mortgage.
You can check your credit by ordering a free credit report once a year from each of the three major credit reporting companies, which are Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. The report shows your address, how much you owe on different debts and if you’ve filed for bankruptcy or been sued by a creditor. When you apply for a home loan, the lender will use this information to determine if your loan should be approved. Order your free report from the credit reporting companies online at annualcreditreport.com. This is the only legitimate website to place orders through for your free annual report. Avoid going to other sites that claim to offer the same thing because they often turn out to be scams.
Once you’ve checked your credit, we can help you get started on buying your first house. Visit United Real Estate and stop by our Facebook page to learn more.
September 11th, 2013 About Us
, Franchising Comments Off on United Positioned Among Fastest Growing Real Estate Franchises
When it comes to building a career in real estate, being part of a successful franchise can open many doors. As one of the fastest growing real estate franchises, United Real Estate offers agents plenty of opportunities to further their career.
United Real Estate started in 2011 and has expanded considerably in the past two years. We’ve experienced an impressive 3,000 percent sales increase, after jumping from 29 transactions through July 2011 to 1,121 transactions between January and July 2013. This is largely due to our network of talented agents in our franchise offices throughout the country. We now run real estate offices in major cities, including Chicago, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Houston and Dallas, as well as several smaller cities. The main factors that draw real estate agents to our company are our 100 percent commission policy and our extensive training and marketing tools. We’re anticipating continued growth and success as more agents join our franchise.
Interested in learning more about the benefits of joining one of the fastest growing real estate franchises? Visit United Real Estate for more information, and stop by our Facebook page.
August 30th, 2013 About Us
, Real Estate Agents Comments Off on Interested in 100 Percent Real Estate Commission? Join Our Team
Becoming part of a real-estate franchise has some definite advantages, but is the thought of paying a royalty fee on each transaction making you hesitant about joining? You don’t have to worry about missing out on 100% real estate commission when you join United Real Estate.
Our company doesn’t take any percentage of the commission our agents earn when clients buy or sell a home. Unlike other franchises, which sometimes demand up to a 50 percent split in commission, you’ll enjoy 100% real estate commission on every transaction. The only charges you’ll be dealing with are a $295 transaction fee per side and a $65 monthly office fee.
This arrangement also benefits clients. It motivates each agent to provide the best service available in order to earn that commission. It’s a win-win situation for our agents and their clients.
Want to learn more about joining our team? Stop by United Real Estate and visit our Facebook page for more information.
August 27th, 2013 Home Buying
, Mortgages Comments Off on PHH Mortgage Now United Real Estate’s Preferred Provider
When it’s time to apply for a mortgage, finding a reputable lender is crucial. This is usually a time-consuming process, but United Real Estate has just made it much easier for buyers to findmortgage services.
We’re happy to announce that we’ve partnered with PHH Mortgage, which is among the top 10 originators of retail residential mortgages in the US.
PHH Mortgage has been in business for more than 20 years and offers a variety of mortgage options, including fixed rates, adjustable rates, FHA loans, jumbo loans and VA loans. They operate in all 50 states, and each location features a team of highly skilled employees that specialize in mortgage consultation, underwriting services and loan processing.
When you rely on PHH for your mortgage services, you’ll enjoy several advantages, including a same-day pre-approval decision and a guaranteed pledge to meet your requested closing date. PHH is dedicated to helping buyers find the right mortgage for their situation, so you won’t have to worry about ending up with a loan that you can’t afford.
Ready to start the home buying process? Visit United Real Estate and stop by our Facebook page!
August 22nd, 2013 Home Buying
, Selling Your House Comments Off on Three Things That Attract Potential Buyers to a Certain Neighborhood
Having a tough time drawing potential buyers, even when your home is looking as perfect as possible? Take a look around you for help. Buyers aren’t just interested in the house. They also want to be in a great neighborhood, too.
Emphasize the positive aspects of your local area in your listing or when talking to potential buyers. These are a few of the top things that attract buyers to a neighborhood:
- Good schools: This is one of the most important aspects that potential buyers with kids look for. Check out how your local public and private schools are performing, and be sure to mention them to buyers if the results are positive.
- Pedestrian-friendly: Is your neighborhood a pleasant place to walk around in? Are there a lot of side streets that don’t get a lot of traffic? Let buyers know about nearby parks and local businesses, such as grocery stores, that they can walk to easily.
- Public transit: If you’re close to a local bus line or another form of public transportation, make sure buyers know about it.
Need more advice on things that attract buyers to a neighborhood? Stop by United Real Estate and visit our Facebook page.
August 18th, 2013 Selling Your House Comments Off on Home Staging Tips: How Minor Messes Can Have a Major Impact
When you’re putting your home up for sale, it’s going to need to look its best. Making sure the outside looks great will draw potential buyers, but they’ll be quickly turned off by a messy interior.
Use the following home staging tips to get your house ready for the market and find a new owner quickly:
- Clean every part of your home. Buyers will be quick to notice grime and dust. Easily cleaned stains can give impressions of mold and other large issues when a potential buyer is doing a quick walk-through.
- Reduce clutter. Your house shouldn’t look empty and uninteresting, but you shouldn’t have piles of clutter lying around either. Keep things neat and organized instead, especially areas that tend to attract clutter, like counters.
- Rearrange your furniture. Having your furniture strategically placed can make a room look bigger or cozier, which gives buyers a good impression.
- Redecorate. Make sure that each room looks its best. This might mean choosing a new paint color or replacing an old light fixture with something more contemporary.
You don’t have to figure this all out on your own. Contact United Real Estate and visit our Facebook page for additional home staging tips from the professionals!
August 16th, 2013 About Us Comments Off on How Independent Brokers Benefit From United Real Estate Network
Finding new ways to increase sales can prove challenging when you run your own real estate brokerage. You might not have access to the right kinds of tools to accomplish this, which means you’re missing out on building your company. Joining a franchise, like United Real Estate, can help you turn things around.
These are a few ways that you can benefit from the United Real Estate network:
- You’ll be partnered with one of the best real-estate companies in the industry. Our solid reputation for providing quality service will encourage buyers and sellers to hire you.
- You’ll have access to our real estate technology and marketing solutions for building your business and expanding your client base.
- We’ll provide you with the training tools you’ll need to ensure that you have highly skilled agents working for you.
Interested in learning more about how you can benefit from the United Real Estate network? Visit our website and stop by our Facebook page for more information!