December 27th, 2013 Homeownership
, Mortgages Comments Off on Different Solutions for Different Buyers: Choosing PHH Mortgage
Choosing a reliable mortgage company is a crucial step when you’re buying a home. You need to make sure you’re working with a company that has the right kind of mortgage for your situation. That’s why United Real Estate has partnered with PHH Mortgage.
This mortgage company offers the following benefits for home buyers:
- A team of skilled loan processors, consultants and underwriters, as well as excellent customer service to ensure that the mortgage process goes smoothly for you.
- A variety of mortgage products to choose from, including FHA loans, adjustable rate mortgages, fixed rate mortgages, jumbo loans and VA loans.
- Outstanding guarantees, such as an interest rate reduction if your requested closing date isn’t met and an offer of $250 if your pre-approval decision takes longer than one day to process.
These benefits set PHH Mortgage apart from other mortgage companies, making them an ideal choice for your home buying needs.
Ready to begin looking for a new home and determining which type of mortgage is right for you? Contact United Real Estate today and stop by our Facebook page for more advice on buying a home.
December 26th, 2013 First Time Home Buyers
, Home Buying
, Mortgages Comments Off on Five Tips That Will Help You Secure a Mortgage
Unless you’re in the rare position of being able to pay cash for a new home, you’re going to need a home loan to cover the cost. Obtaining a mortgage is more difficult now than it was before the 2008 recession hit, so it’s important to boost your chances of securing one.
Use the following tips to help you get the home loan you need:
- Get rid of debt. Pay off credit cards, if possible, to reduce your debt-to-income ratio. Aim to keep this ratio lower than 36 percent.
- Don’t apply for credit cards. Applying for new credit will lower your credit score, which can hurt your chances of getting a mortgage.
- Fix your credit score. Make sure there are no errors on your credit report, and immediately correct any errors that you might find.
- Offer a higher down payment. Make an offer of 20 percent or more, if you can afford to. This is a big help if your credit score isn’t high.
- Take your time. Give yourself at least six months to financially prepare to apply for a mortgage.
Need more professional advice on obtaining a mortgage? Speak to a United Real Estate agent, and check out our Facebook page.
December 4th, 2013 About Us
, Real Estate Agents Comments Off on New Agents in November
United Real Estate would like to welcome our newest agents to the company. In November we added nearly 50 new agents. Congratulations and welcome to the company! For information on joining our team, contact us today.
URE Kansas City
James W. Brown
Shu Sophie Chan
November 29th, 2013 Foreclosures
, Real Estate Tips Comments Off on Interested in Buying a Foreclosure? 16 States with Increased Activity
If you’re looking at saving big money on a house, buying a foreclosed home is an option to consider. The number of foreclosures is on the rise in several states but it’s important to consider the pros and cons before deciding to buy one.
What are the advantages of buying a foreclosure?
- Getting a better deal if the home is in pre-foreclosure, since the homeowner will want to sell it as soon as possible.
- Making an affordable and smart investment by buying a foreclosed home that’s surrounded by homes with a high resale value.
- The foreclosed home will have a clear title without back taxes or liens if it’s a real estate owned property.
The disadvantages of buying a foreclosure include:
- The home might need extensive repairs, especially if it’s been empty.
- You won’t have a lot of time to gather money for buying the home.
- You’ll have to fill out additional paperwork if the home is real estate owned.
The states with an increasing number of foreclosures include Maryland, Nevada, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York.
Need help finding foreclosed properties for sale in your area? Contact United Real Estate, and stop by our Facebook page for buying tips.
November 25th, 2013 Home Buying
, Real Estate Tips Comments Off on No Yard Maintenance – and Other Reasons to Invest in a Condo
If you like the thought of owning a home but don’t like the thought of doing yard work, a condo could be the perfect solution. Condo ownership is becoming more popular thanks to it’s ease of ownership.
Need a few reasons to invest in a condo instead of a house?
- Low-maintenance: You don’t have to deal with mowing the lawn or raking leaves when you buy a condo, since you only own the interior of it and part of the the building’s common area. You just have to keep the inside in good shape.
- Convenience: Buying a condo in an urban area will put you close to plenty of restaurants and stores. That means you can save money on gas, as well as wear and tear on your car.
- Amenities: Some condos come with impressive amenities, such as fitness centers, business centers and resort-style pools that you wouldn’t have with a house.
Ready to start looking for a condo to call your own? Visit United Real Estate to see what properties are available, and stop by our Facebook page to learn more about us.
November 20th, 2013 Home Buying
, Real Estate Tips Comments Off on Dallas on the Rebound: Housing Market on the Rise
The housing market in many cities throughout the US suffered during the market down turn, many markets are making strong comeback. Dallas is ranked among 2013’s fastest-growing American cities, making it a great place to buy or sell a home.
Dallas came in at number six on Realtor.com’s list of “Turnaround Towns,” thanks to a growing demand for homes. Builders have been kept busy constructing new homes for those who are looking to move to this booming city. The city’s population has been on the rise, and the city has experienced strong job growth. The housing market has shown major improvement in terms of stability. Homes in Dallas have an average listing price of a very affordable $210,000. For those who need to sell their home, now is a good time to do so. Currently, the demand for homes has surpassed the available number of homes for sale, meaning that you may earn a higher price for yours.
Planning on buying a home in Dallas? Check out United Real Estate’s available properties. Selling? VisitUnited Real Estate to find a local agent. Stop by our Facebook page for more tips on buying and selling a home.
November 18th, 2013 First Time Home Buyers
, Real Estate Tips Comments Off on Bad Credit? Why Mortgages Aren’t Out of the Question
Having poor credit doesn’t mean you’ll be stuck renting for several years. It’s possible to get a mortgage although it will take some extra effort to do so.
Expect to pay more if your credit’s bad. You might need to offer a higher down payment, and your monthly payment and interest rate may be higher than they would be for someone with better credit. You should focus on working with a lender who has experience helping people with poor credit get mortgages. Your lender will want to know why your credit is in its current shape. If you ran into sudden and unavoidable financial hardship, such as job loss, medical bills or a death in the family, you stand a better chance of being approved for a loan. If your credit is bad due to missed payments or late payments, this will lower your chance of getting a mortgage. Your lender might be able to help you find ways to boost your credit before applying for a loan.
Need help getting a mortgage with bad credit score? Visit United Real Estate to find an agent, and stop by our Facebook page for more loan tips.
November 14th, 2013 Real Estate Tips
, Selling Your House Comments Off on Selling 101: Maximizing Small Spaces With Big Colors
The bathroom is one of the biggest selling points in a home. If yours is a smaller one, it’s important to make it seem as roomy as possible. This will help you attract buyers and get a good price for your home.
Maximizing small spaces can be done with simple changes versus a total renovation. One of the most effective and easiest ways to make your bathroom look larger is by redoing it in a bold color. Choose something like a striking shade of red or a vivid blue tone to focus on. Paint the walls that color, then add accessories, such as hand towels and a toothbrush holder, in the same tone or in complementing colors. If your bathroom has a window, put up curtains that match as well. When choosing a big color, try out a sample of it on your wall first to see if you like it. If not, you can cover it up and try a different color.
Ready to start the selling process? Visit United Real Estate to find a local office, and stop by our Facebook page for more advice and tips on selling a home.
November 13th, 2013 Homeownership
, Real Estate Tips
, Selling Your House Comments Off on Hung Jury: Does an In-Ground Pool Make a Good Investment?
Putting in an in-ground pool might seem like a guaranteed way to boost your home’s resale value, but you might end up being disappointed. These pools don’t always translate into higher values on homes.
It’s important to weigh the pros and cons before deciding whether to get one:
- Location: Where you live can make a difference between getting a higher return on your investment or getting nothing in return. If you’re in an area where it’s warm or hot almost all year, having a pool is a big advantage. You might want to focus on boosting your home’s value in other ways, such as remodeling, if you live in a place where the pool would only be used for a few months.
- Cost: In-ground pools can cost up to $40,000 to install, and you’ll be facing higher property taxes once you have one. You’ll also be dealing with higher liability insurance payments.
- Maintenance: Although these pools are fun and relaxing, they also require a lot of maintenance that potential buyers might not want to do on a regular basis.
Thinking of putting your home on the market soon? Contact United Real Estate, and visit our Facebook pagefor selling tips.
October 31st, 2013 Real Estate Tips
, Relocation Comments Off on United Real Estate Spotlight: Five Major Perks of Living in DC
You don’t have to be a member of Congress or the White House administration to benefit from living in Washington DC. Our country’s capital has plenty to offer all of its residents.
Here are five perks of living in DC:
- Different cultures: From Korea to England to Uruguay, you can enjoy international events, food, clothing and art. Try some Iranian baklava, catch a West African dance performance and buy French-inspired clothes.
- Rewarding job opportunities for women: Women who live in DC will find a lot of job opportunities that allow them to work toward ideals that they believe in, especially if they’re willing to delve into the political arena.
- A good mix of things to do: Living in DC feels like being in suburbia, but you also have access to big city attractions and events.
- Major companies: Big name employers are moving to DC thanks to its lower cost of living, three major airports and abundance of educated workers. These include Hilton Hotels and Volkswagen.
- Convenient Location: Washington DC is conveniently located near major cities such as New York City, Philadelphia, and Baltimore. With two major airports inside the perimeter, and one in the northwest suburbs, business and leisure travel can be very efficient.
Ready to start your search for a home in DC? Contact United Real Estate, and visit our Facebook page for buying tips.