When most homeowners hear the words “home renovation,” they immediately think to gut and renovate their kitchen or one of their bathrooms. After all, this is what buyers want and what will produce a higher price tag come time to sell, right?
Perhaps, but these types of home repairs surprisingly aren’t those that generate the greatest return on investment.
Of course, your home repairs might be different depending on the age of your home and any renovations you’ve already made. However, the five home repairs discussed below are those that you should keep in mind whenever you’re considering selling your home or making some updates and getting a return on money well spent.
Home Renovations Designed With ROI In Mind
The best home renovations are those that are low-maintenance, high-quality, energy efficient, and competitively priced. With that in mind, the following five repairs are those you can count on for years to come to generate valuable rewards when it comes time to sell your home:
- Steel Front Doors (101.8% ROI) – A steel front door does more than just add to your home’s curb appeal. In fact, it also adds to your home’s energy efficiency! The best part is that any of these doors can be easily painted to match the rest of your decorative scheme, making it both a beautiful and functional investment.
- Wood Deck Addition (80.5% ROI) – Not only does a wooden deck increase your living space, but it also promises an impressive return on investment! Better yet, you can enjoy your time relaxing, entertaining, and dining on your deck until it comes time to sell your home.
- Converting Your Attic (77.2% ROI) – Picture your attic. Is it just sitting empty, wasting space? Probably. By converting your attic into an additional bedroom or any additional space, you can add serious value to your home without having to rearrange its current layout.
- Replacing Garage Doors (82.5% ROI) – Just like a new front door, a new garage door significantly improves curb appeal while generating an excellent return on investment. Choose from countless styles and finishes to add extra appeal that matches your home’s exterior and enhances its overall appearance.
- Replacing Your Siding (84.3% ROI) – By replacing your current siding with fiber-cement siding, you’re making an investment that looks great and resists termites, moisture, rot, and fire, all while promising excellent stability. This small investment is of a great quality too, meaning you can expect to get most of your money back when you sell your home.
Need Additional Selling Advice for Your Home? United Real Estate Can Help.
If you’re considering selling soon and aren’t quite sure where to invest money to generate the greatest return on investment, United Real Estate can help.
As a national leader in the real estate industry, we have the experience and expertise to assist with all of your needs. Contact us to sell your home, today!