December 26th, 2013 First Time Home Buyers
, Home Buying
, Mortgages Comments Off on Five Tips That Will Help You Secure a Mortgage
Unless you’re in the rare position of being able to pay cash for a new home, you’re going to need a home loan to cover the cost. Obtaining a mortgage is more difficult now than it was before the 2008 recession hit, so it’s important to boost your chances of securing one.
Use the following tips to help you get the home loan you need:
- Get rid of debt. Pay off credit cards, if possible, to reduce your debt-to-income ratio. Aim to keep this ratio lower than 36 percent.
- Don’t apply for credit cards. Applying for new credit will lower your credit score, which can hurt your chances of getting a mortgage.
- Fix your credit score. Make sure there are no errors on your credit report, and immediately correct any errors that you might find.
- Offer a higher down payment. Make an offer of 20 percent or more, if you can afford to. This is a big help if your credit score isn’t high.
- Take your time. Give yourself at least six months to financially prepare to apply for a mortgage.
Need more professional advice on obtaining a mortgage? Speak to a United Real Estate agent, and check out our Facebook page.
November 25th, 2013 Home Buying
, Real Estate Tips Comments Off on No Yard Maintenance – and Other Reasons to Invest in a Condo
If you like the thought of owning a home but don’t like the thought of doing yard work, a condo could be the perfect solution. Condo ownership is becoming more popular thanks to it’s ease of ownership.
Need a few reasons to invest in a condo instead of a house?
- Low-maintenance: You don’t have to deal with mowing the lawn or raking leaves when you buy a condo, since you only own the interior of it and part of the the building’s common area. You just have to keep the inside in good shape.
- Convenience: Buying a condo in an urban area will put you close to plenty of restaurants and stores. That means you can save money on gas, as well as wear and tear on your car.
- Amenities: Some condos come with impressive amenities, such as fitness centers, business centers and resort-style pools that you wouldn’t have with a house.
Ready to start looking for a condo to call your own? Visit United Real Estate to see what properties are available, and stop by our Facebook page to learn more about us.
November 20th, 2013 Home Buying
, Real Estate Tips Comments Off on Dallas on the Rebound: Housing Market on the Rise
The housing market in many cities throughout the US suffered during the market down turn, many markets are making strong comeback. Dallas is ranked among 2013’s fastest-growing American cities, making it a great place to buy or sell a home.
Dallas came in at number six on Realtor.com’s list of “Turnaround Towns,” thanks to a growing demand for homes. Builders have been kept busy constructing new homes for those who are looking to move to this booming city. The city’s population has been on the rise, and the city has experienced strong job growth. The housing market has shown major improvement in terms of stability. Homes in Dallas have an average listing price of a very affordable $210,000. For those who need to sell their home, now is a good time to do so. Currently, the demand for homes has surpassed the available number of homes for sale, meaning that you may earn a higher price for yours.
Planning on buying a home in Dallas? Check out United Real Estate’s available properties. Selling? VisitUnited Real Estate to find a local agent. Stop by our Facebook page for more tips on buying and selling a home.
September 30th, 2013 Home Buying
, Real Estate Tips Comments Off on Text UNITED to 59559 for Updates About Current URE Listings
Finding the perfect home can be an arduous process. There are so many things to consider, like size, price, neighborhood, proximity to job prospects, just to name a few. Once you have narrowed down the parameters, wouldn’t it be great if there was a way to be able to get immediate information about any home that meets your specific needs? The current United Real Estate listings are as close as your cell phone.
United Real Estate has been selling homes since 1925 and now has developed a nationwide network of franchises and agents ready to meet all of your real estate buying or selling needs. We have a long history and have kept up with the times, which offer many innovative technology based services.
Our automated information system can be easily accessed from your mobile device. All you need to do is text UNITED to 59559 and everything you need to know about the listed properties is available to you.
To learn more about accessing the current United Real Estate listings from your mobile device, visit the URE Facebook page.
August 27th, 2013 Home Buying
, Mortgages Comments Off on PHH Mortgage Now United Real Estate’s Preferred Provider
When it’s time to apply for a mortgage, finding a reputable lender is crucial. This is usually a time-consuming process, but United Real Estate has just made it much easier for buyers to findmortgage services.
We’re happy to announce that we’ve partnered with PHH Mortgage, which is among the top 10 originators of retail residential mortgages in the US.
PHH Mortgage has been in business for more than 20 years and offers a variety of mortgage options, including fixed rates, adjustable rates, FHA loans, jumbo loans and VA loans. They operate in all 50 states, and each location features a team of highly skilled employees that specialize in mortgage consultation, underwriting services and loan processing.
When you rely on PHH for your mortgage services, you’ll enjoy several advantages, including a same-day pre-approval decision and a guaranteed pledge to meet your requested closing date. PHH is dedicated to helping buyers find the right mortgage for their situation, so you won’t have to worry about ending up with a loan that you can’t afford.
Ready to start the home buying process? Visit United Real Estate and stop by our Facebook page!
August 22nd, 2013 Home Buying
, Selling Your House Comments Off on Three Things That Attract Potential Buyers to a Certain Neighborhood
Having a tough time drawing potential buyers, even when your home is looking as perfect as possible? Take a look around you for help. Buyers aren’t just interested in the house. They also want to be in a great neighborhood, too.
Emphasize the positive aspects of your local area in your listing or when talking to potential buyers. These are a few of the top things that attract buyers to a neighborhood:
- Good schools: This is one of the most important aspects that potential buyers with kids look for. Check out how your local public and private schools are performing, and be sure to mention them to buyers if the results are positive.
- Pedestrian-friendly: Is your neighborhood a pleasant place to walk around in? Are there a lot of side streets that don’t get a lot of traffic? Let buyers know about nearby parks and local businesses, such as grocery stores, that they can walk to easily.
- Public transit: If you’re close to a local bus line or another form of public transportation, make sure buyers know about it.
Need more advice on things that attract buyers to a neighborhood? Stop by United Real Estate and visit our Facebook page.
August 14th, 2013 Foreclosures
, Home Buying Comments Off on Buying a Foreclosure? 5 Questions That’ll Save You Cash
While foreclosure rates have dropped in the past few years, there are still plenty of foreclosed homes around that are for sale. You can save a significant amount of money on a new home bybuying a foreclosure.
When you’re looking into foreclosed homes, ask the following questions. This will help ensure that you get your money’s worth:
- How long has it been empty? You can expect a greater amount of damage if the house has been empty for a long time.
- What condition is the house in? Hire an inspector to give the house a thorough walkthrough, and make note of anything that needs to be repaired or replaced.
- How much will repairs or renovations cost? Factor this cost into your budget when deciding whether or not to buy a foreclosed home.
- What’s the neighborhood like? Avoid buying a home in an area with a high crime rate or several other foreclosed homes, since this affects its property value.
- Has the landscaping affected the house? Dead tree branches, roots and untrimmed shrubs can damage the house and the pavement around it.
Ready to get started on buying a foreclosure? Visit United Real Estate to get started, and check out our Facebook page for more home-buying tips.
July 23rd, 2013 About Us
, Home Buying Comments Off on On the Go? Take Our the United Real Estate App With You
Searching through page after page of property listings online or looking through them in your local paper can be time-consuming. Fortunately, there’s a much more efficient and convenient way to find potential homes.
Real estate search apps make it easy for you to browse through home and condo listings on the go. United Real Estate offers browsing apps for several different devices. You can download and use these apps on your iPad, iPhone, BlackBerryor Android device. These apps also let you keep track of properties that have had a price reduction and those that are having an open house. With these convenient apps, you don’t have to wait until you’re sitting in front of your computer or laptop at home in the evening to search for properties. Search for your next home no matter where you are.
Providing browsing apps is just one of the ways that United Real Estate makes the home-buying process run smoothly. The company has other technological tools, as well as seasoned professionals, available to help you find your next home.
Need more tips on making the most of our real estate search apps? Visit United Real Estate and stop by our Facebook page.