When you’re determined to purchase your own home, it doesn’t have to be a single-family house. Condos make great investments and offer several advantages over other types of residences.
These are just some of the benefits you’ll enjoy when buying a condo:
- Access to amenities. You don’t have to pay for separate memberships to a local pool or golf course. Living in a condo means that you’ll be able to use the amenities your condo community offers, such as clubhouses, pools and fitness center.
- Low maintenance. When you live in a condo, you only have to maintain your living space. You’re not responsible for maintaining the building, grounds or common areas.
- Financial incentives. Owning a condo gives you a chance to build equity, and you’ll also be able to use tax deductions on property taxes and mortgage interest payments.
- A sense of community. Living in a building that has a lot of other units occupied by owners, rather than renters, means that you’ll have a good sense of community. Some of these also offer planned community events.
Need additional information on buying a condo? Contact United Real Estate, and follow our Facebook page.
Having a vacation home to go to on weekends saves you the hassle of booking a room when you want to get away. With more demand for these homes in recent years, it’s a good time to consider buying a vacation home.
Keep these tips in mind when you start your search:
- Save up money. Many buyers pay for their vacation home in cash. This isn’t a requirement, but it could boost your chances of finding and buying a home more quickly.
- Have enough for a down payment. If you can’t pay cash for a vacation home, at least have a large enough sum of money set aside for a down payment. Plan on having around 30 percent in savings for this.
- Consider buying a foreclosure or doing a short sale. A large percentage of vacation home buyers end up saving money through short sales or foreclosure purchases. These are more complex ways of buying a home, so you’ll need the help of a good realtor if you plan on going this route.
Ready to start searching for a vacation home? Contact United Real Estate, and follow us on Facebook.
Buying a home is generally a time-consuming process for most people. Fortunately, you can save yourself a lot of time and effort by making use of convenient home listing apps for homebuyers.
United Real Estate offers an app designed for use with iPads. As long as you have iOS 4.0 or higher, you can download this app and use it to start searching for homes. This app makes it quick and easy for you to look through available properties and narrow down your options. It provides you with a number of benefits, including:
- Up-to-date and highly accurate information on available real estate properties
- Map that shows all homes for sale in the location you choose
- Advanced search features that let you search by square footage, number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, price range and lot size
- Ability to search homes based on price reduction and newest listings
- Views on property details
- Close to 40 points of interest shown in your chosen location
- Ability to save your searches
- Convenient one-click access to United Real Estate representatives
Need more help finding your new home? Contact United Real Estate, and visit our Facebook page.
Buying a home together as a couple is an exciting time, but don’t let it become a source of tension between you. Owning a home is a huge commitment that both of you need to be ready for.
Use the following tips for couples purchasing a home before you start looking at available properties:
- Discuss your preferences. It’s crucial to sit down and talk about what each of you wants in a home. Discuss things like location, type of home and what local amenities you prefer being close to. When you don’t talk about these beforehand, you could find out that your preferences are drastically different.
- Check your credit reports. You both need to check your credit reports before applying for a mortgage. Take care of any errors, and talk to a lender about which debts you should try to pay off before submitting your application. Keep in mind that lenders weigh the lower credit score more heavily.
- Get a mortgage pre-qualification. This provides you with a rough estimate of the amount you can qualify for on a mortgage. Factor this into your budget.
Ready to begin looking for a home? Call United Real Estate and follow our Facebook page.
Spring is typically the busiest time of year for home sellers. If you’ll be putting your home on the market this season, you’ll have to make sure it’s in ideal shape in order to attract buyers and hold their interest.
Improving curb appeal when selling a home is one of the most important steps to take. You can do this by power washing your home’s exterior, doing some landscaping and fixing up your porch or entryway. In addition to working on curb appeal, you should also do the following to prepare for buyers:
- Give your home a good cleaning. Make your home as spotless as possible to impress buyers. Plan on dusting, scrubbing and steam cleaning carpets, as well as clearing out piles of clutter.
- Put personal items away. Store your collections, and replace personal photos with some simple artwork. Keeping your home looking too personal makes it tougher for buyers to picture themselves living there.
- Schedule an inspection. Have a home inspection done before putting your home on the market. Taking this step can ease buyers’ fears about buying a home with undisclosed problems.
Need help selling your home? Contact United Real Estate, and stop by our Facebook page.