Spring tends to be the busiest time of year for sellers. If you’re debating whether or not to put your home on the market, there are some factors to consider.
Here are a few reasons for selling in spring 2014:
- Beating the competition. Selling earlier in the year means you should have an easier time selling and getting more money for your home.
- Upsizing or downsizing. Save yourself unnecessary stress by finding the right size home, whether you need a bigger family home or a smaller one.
- Avoiding maintenance issues. If you’re in an older home, you can expect to shell out considerable money for repairs. If you can’t afford this, consider moving to a newer home.
These are a few reasons for staying put:
- Boosting your home’s value. If you have enough for repairs, consider fixing up your home to increase its value.
- Being in a good spot. If you’re happy with where your home is, you might want to think twice about selling now.
- Getting higher equity. You’re better off not selling if your home’s equity will be rising.