March 11th, 2014 Homeownership
, Real Estate Tips Comments Off on Five Ways to Bring Spring into Your Home
With spring right around the corner, it’s a great time to freshen up your home, especially if you’re putting it up for sale. From giving your home some extra color to doing a thorough cleaning, there are plenty of ways to celebrate the season.
These easy home upgrades will have your house ready for the warmer weather and potential buyers:
- Get rid of clutter: Go through one area of your home at a time, and cut down on clutter. Toss out or sell things you don’t want anymore.
- Use slipcovers: Give your living room a lighter look and feel by placing white or light-colored slipcovers on your furniture.
- Buy bright accents: Buy a few brightly colored throw pillows to give your living room and bedroom some extra color.
- Change your wallpaper: Cover an accent wall with wallpaper that has an eye-catching pattern or bright color. This adds visual interest without being overwhelming.
- Update your table: Choose napkins, placemats and other table linens with a colorful spring pattern to give your dining room or kitchen table a fresh look.
Getting ready to sell your home? Contact United Real Estate, and visit us on Facebook for more selling tips.
March 11th, 2014 First Time Home Buyers
, Home Buying Comments Off on How to Plan for Your 2014 Real Estate Goals
Is buying a house on your list of real estate goals this year? If so, you’re probably aware that it takes a lot of planning to find the right home and be able to purchase it.
Keep the following Houston real estate tips in mind when searching for a home this year:
- Clean up your credit: Having a solid credit history is essential in order to be approved for a mortgage. Fix up your credit by paying off credit card debt or at least keeping low balances on your cards and always making payments on time.
- Be realistic: Don’t look for homes that you can’t afford. Your search should only include properties that are within your price range. Otherwise, you could get in over your head financially.
- Think long-term: Only buy a house if you plan on living in it for a few years or more. Selling a home sooner means that you could actually lose money.
- Hire a realtor: Find a realtor who can help you find the best homes to look at and walk you through the buying process.
Other questions? Feel free to contact us and one of our agents can give you advice for the future.