Whether you’re getting your home ready for the market or planning on fixing up your new home, you don’t have to break the bank. There are plenty of simple and cost-effective ways to do home upgrades.
Here are five easy and inexpensive ideas for making some changes to your home:
- Install stair brackets. Make the outside of your staircase visually appealing by adding wood brackets. All you need are nails and an adhesive.
- Put up crown molding. Get some Trimroc molding, a handsaw and joint compound to install molding that instantly boosts your home’s appeal.
- Refinish your cabinets. With some cleaner, sandpaper, paint and a paintbrush, you can give your kitchen cabinets a fresh new look. This works best if your cabinets are in good shape already.
- Paint the floor. Instead of investing in a new floor, grab some floor paint and give your floor a whole new look. This is a much less expensive and time-consuming option.
- Give your bathroom fresh caulk. Update the caulk around your tub and sink for better protection against moisture.