You don’t have to be a member of Congress or the White House administration to benefit from living in Washington DC. Our country’s capital has plenty to offer all of its residents.
Here are five perks of living in DC:
- Different cultures: From Korea to England to Uruguay, you can enjoy international events, food, clothing and art. Try some Iranian baklava, catch a West African dance performance and buy French-inspired clothes.
- Rewarding job opportunities for women: Women who live in DC will find a lot of job opportunities that allow them to work toward ideals that they believe in, especially if they’re willing to delve into the political arena.
- A good mix of things to do: Living in DC feels like being in suburbia, but you also have access to big city attractions and events.
- Major companies: Big name employers are moving to DC thanks to its lower cost of living, three major airports and abundance of educated workers. These include Hilton Hotels and Volkswagen.
- Convenient Location: Washington DC is conveniently located near major cities such as New York City, Philadelphia, and Baltimore. With two major airports inside the perimeter, and one in the northwest suburbs, business and leisure travel can be very efficient.